FTC Facts for Consumers- Building a Better Credit Report http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre03.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Co-Signing a Loan http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre06.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Credit and Divorce http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre08.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Credit and Your Consumer Rights http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre01.shtm
• Equal Credit Opportunity: Understanding Your Rights Under the Law http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre15.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- How to Manage Your Mortgage if Your Lender Files Bankruptcy http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/homes/rea12.shtm •
FTC Facts for Consumers- Knee Deep in Debt http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre19.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers Prescreened Offers for Credit and Insurance http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre17.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Selling Your Home? Tips for Selecting a Realtor http://www.ftc.gov/bc/edu/pubs/consumer/homes/zrea01.pdf
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Deceptive Mortgage Ads- What They Say and Leave Out http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt023.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Shopping for a Home Equity Loan http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt088.shtm
• FTC Facts for Consumers- Credit Repair: How to Help Yourself http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre13.shtm Are you sick and tired of having to refer your borrowers to costly credit repair places who can’t always be relied on for timely results? Provide this information to your borrower so he/she can make use of his/her legal right to a free annual credit report and a free resource to dispute errors and inaccurate reporting at no charge!
• FTC Facts for Consumers- How to Dispute Credit Report Errors http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre21.shtm Do you have a borrower’s credit report in front of you that desperately needs some clean up? Provide this information to your borrower so he/she can make use of his/her legal right to a free annual credit report and a free resource to dispute errors and inaccurate reporting at no charge!
• Remedying the Effects of Identity Theft http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/idtheft/idt09.pdf This is a great resource for borrowers who discover they are victims of identity theft when you pull their credit for mortgage application!
• FTC Consumer Alert- Fake Credit Report Sites: Cashing in on Personal Information http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt130.shtm
• FTC Consumer Alert- Shopping or a Mortgage? Your Application May Trigger Competing Offers http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt171.shtm Ever get a call from an irate borrower wondering why they are getting marketing calls immediately after you pulled their credit with their mortgage application? Read this! It explains how and why this happens and how consumers can opt out to avoid it in the future!
• How to Plan and Host Identity Theft Prevention Seminars http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/idtheft/idt06.pdf Order free hard copies of this 28 page kit with sample materials on CD and videos on DVD at the bulk orders website at https://bulkorder.ftc.gov/index.php?showcat=Identity+Theft%2C+Privacy%2C… and the FTC will ship the materials right to your door for no charge!
• Instructions on How to Complete and Submit Identity Theft Victim Complaint http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/resources/forms/affidavit.pdf • National Do Not Call Registry https://donotcall.gov/ Make sure you direct your borrowers to register at the Do Not Call Registry so you can eliminate marketing opportunities for your competitors! For bulk quantities of FTC publications, which may include brochures, booklets, book markets and pamphlets, visit the following bulk orders websites:
• Credit and Loans Bulk Orders https://bulkorder.ftc.gov/showcat.php?cat=Credit+and+Loans
• Identity Theft, Privacy and Security https://bulkorder.ftc.gov/showcat.php?cat=Identity+Theft%2C+Privacy%2C+a…
• Business-Related Publications https://bulkorder.ftc.gov/showcat.php?cat=Business These resources have offered excellent education to me over many years and I hope you’ll find them useful and informative too! It’s amazing the amount of additional help you can offer homebuyers and homeowners when you are an informed consumer yourself!
- How Did Your Credit Score Today? (pro2sell.com)
- Get Your Credit Answers: Get a copy of your free credit report (whatiscreditrepair.wordpress.com)
- Is Your Business Compliant with FACTA Disposal Rule? (bdemarest.wordpress.com)
- Credit Card/ ID-Theft at Record Levels: Fight Back! (miami.cbslocal.com)