Category: Community Links
- Helpful Mortgage Links for Kentucky Homeowners and Kentucky
- HomebuyersKnowYourOptions.com is an online resource created by Fannie Mae to help homeowners learn about their options to avoid foreclosure and how to get the help they need.
- The HomeLoanLearningCenter.com provides step-by-step information on how to become financially literate.
- Homeownership Preservation Foundation is an independent nonprofit that provides HUD-approved counselors dedicated to helping homeowners.
- HOPE NOW™ is an alliance between HUD approved mortgage market participants that provides free foreclosure prevention assistance.
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling provides high-quality financial education and counseling services.
- NeighborWorks America offers resources for foreclosure prevention professionals.
- Kentucky FHA Requirements: Your Loan Checklist” href=”http://louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com/2011/04/15/kentucky-fha-requirements-your-loan-checklist/”>HUD: Guide to Avoiding Foreclosure offers information that can help when facing foreclosure.
- Louisville Ky Mortgage Lender FHA/VA KHC USDA Kentucky Mortgage: Kentucky USDA Loans | Rural Housing Loans Kentucky…” href=”http://louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com/2011/01/25/louisville-ky-mortgage-lender-fhava-khc-usda-kentucky-mortgage-kentucky-usda-loans-rural-housing-loans-kentucky/”>National Consumer Law Center provides steps that advocates can take to help prevent foreclosure.
- Springboard Releases New Resource Guide in Time For National Homeownership Month (prweb.com)
- Homeowners in 50 States Now Have a One-Stop Website and Phone Number to Find Out if They Qualify for Federal Mortgage Assistance (prweb.com)
- Kentucky Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac First Time Home Buyer Education Requirements (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)
- Agency Receives $10,000 Grant for Foreclosure Prevention Counseling (prweb.com)
- :: Housing Partnership, Inc. :: Home :: (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- HUD extends deadline for emergency foreclosure aid (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- State files suit against Bank of America unit in foreclosure mess (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Bank of America Death Watch Update: Lawsuit in Washington, Elevated GSE Claims (news.firedoglake.com)
Kentucky Down payment Government grants for buying a home
Here are some links for government grants for buying a home in Kentucky.
The Kentucky Housing Corporation offers:
Homeownership Programs http://www.kyhousing.org/programs/
Counseling Resources http://www.kyhousing.org/programs/counseling/
Habitat for Humanity – Through volunteer labor and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds and rehabilitates simple, decent houses with the help of the homeowner (partner) families
Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati – serves Kentucky residents by offering various home buying programs including Welcome Home grants. For more information, you may call 1-888-345-2246
Kentucky Area Development Districts (ADDs) – provide housing services to support Kentucky residents
Kentucky Association for Community Action) – helps to fund housing programs for low-income residentshttp://www.kaca.org/Programs_Services/Housing_Programs/housing_programs.htm
Federal Appalachian Housing Enterprise (FAHE) – provides housing assistance in rural, low-income, Appalachian communities
Housing Partnership, Inc. – provides affordable housing services for residents of Jefferson County
New Directions Housing Corporation – provides affordable housing assistance and services to resident of Jefferson County and Southern Indiana
HUD Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) – Kentucky contacts – HUD provides grant money to communities and those funds may be used to assist homebuyers
HUD HOME Program – Kentucky contacts – HUD provides grant money to communities designated as participating jurisdictions for assisting homebuyers, rental assistance, and other housing initiatives
Kentucky Down payment assistance
Below are down payment assistance programs that may be used to buy a home in Kentucky.
Nehemiah – down payment assistance program for buying a home with no money down.
HART – down payment assistance program allows you to buy a home with no money down.
Neighborhood gold – this is another down payment assistance program that allows you to buy a home with no money down.
Bad credit loans for buying a home or refinancing.
There are many mortgage lenders who specialized in bad credit loans for buying a home in Kentucky or refinancing. Use the link below to complete a form from our partner LendingTree and receive offers from lenders who maybe able assist you.
- bankruptcy in the last 2 years
- foreclosure in the last 3 years
- low credit scores below 620
(not sure what your credit score is, get a Free Credit Report)
Kentucky Mortgages and Home Loans
These website can assist your with obtaining mortgages for buying a home in Kentucky.
Kentucky FHA loans – government insured mortgages that allow you to buy a home with only 3% down payment.
Kentucky VA loans – if you are a veteran, you may buy a home with no money down.
Kentucky Conventional Loans – any mortgage loan that requires 5% down payment and is less than $417,000 for a single family home.
Louisville Ky Jumbo Loans – any mortgages where the loan amount is higher than $417,000 for a single family home.
Mortgages – this site has information regarding fannie mae and freddie mac conventional loans.
Use this mortgage calculator to calculate the monthly mortgage payment based on the required loan amount, current mortgage rates, and loan term of various types of mortgages you research on this page.
Louisville Kentucky Home Buying Community Links
State of Kentucky
- Marriage Licenses
- Drivers License
- License Plates
- Past Due Real-Estate Taxes
- Online Land Records
Louisville Metro Services
- Metro Inspections, Licenses & Permits
- Metro Planning and Design
- Metro Economic Development Department
Louisville Business Associations
Finding A Home In Louisville
- Louisville, Kentucky mortgage rates (KY Mortgage Rates) 04/15/2011 (louisvillekymortgage.net)
- >Current Mortgage Rates in KY: Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Rates for today 04/15/2011 (louisvillemortgagerates.wordpress.com)
- :: Louisville Ky Housing Partnership, Inc. :: Counseling and Education :: (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)